Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Die Another Political Day? Palin Realizes She Might Die Politically

Sarah Palin is often blasted for not following the expectations of others. But, as governor of Alaska, she was not dangerous. Stepping out of office frees her to work on leftover ethics concerns (internal to Alaska) while allowing Alaska a fully-focused governor.

Palin: Politically speaking, 'If I die, I die.'
The Associated Press - Dan Joling
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Sarah Palin says she's not a quitter, she's a fighter, but adds that, politically speaking, "if I die, I die. So be it."

The Alaska governor spoke in taped interviews on ABC, NBC and CNN broadcast Tuesday morning.

She told CNN that "all options are on the table" for her future.

But told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she recognizes she might not have political staying power after her surprise resignation Friday, which came just as she had been expected to elevate her national profile ahead of a possible 2012 GOP presidential run.

"I said before ... 'You know, politically speaking, if I die, I die. So be it,'" she said.

No comments: